PPSC Upcoming ECONOMICS AND REVENUE LAW Test Preparation Notes
1.The Land revenue Act enforced on
Ans – Dec 07,1967
2. The Punjab Land Revenue act is divided in to
Ans – chapters. 15
3. The Sections in the Punjab Land Revenue act 1967 are
Ans – 184
4. The schedules in Punjab Land Revenue act 1967 are
Ans – one
5. Lambardar is the most important functionary at level.
Ans – Village
6. Lambardar is given ________ percent of Land Revenue which is called Pachotra.
Ans – 5%
7. The West Pakistan Land revenue Act was passed on
Ans – 4th November 1967
8. The income a nation collects from Taxes is called
Ans – revenue
9. Holdings of a land Lord is called
Ans – Khata
10. A list of Owner’s holdings is called
Ans – Khewat Number.
11. Survey Number is also called
Ans – Khasra Number
12. Village officers are
Ans – Kanungo, Patwaries, Kotars, Lambardars,
13. Hereditary Lambardari system was abolished by
Ans – Supreme Court of Pakistan
14. Hereditary Lambardari system was abolished by SC in
Ans – 2002
15. What is the period of limitation an Appeal before Collector
Ans – 30 days
16. What is the period of limitation an Appeal before Commissioner
Ans – 60 days
17. What is the period of limitation an Appeal before Board of revenue
Ans – 90 days
18. The types of revenue officers are
Ans – 5
19. Revenue Administration of a Tehsil is entrusted to
Ans – Tehsildar
20. Inspection of Harvest is called
Ans – Girdawri
21. What is Shajra Kishtwar?
Ans – The map of a village showing the position and boundary of every field.
22. Under which section of Land Revenue Act 1967 mutation is laid down
Ans – Section 42
23. The post next higher to Patwari is
Ans – Kanungo
24. The register of crops inspection is called
Ans – Khasra Girdawri.
25. What is the vernacular word for mutation?
Ans – Intiqal
26. When the period of Khareef Crops starts in Pakistan?
Ans – May and June
27. When the period of Khareef Crops ends in Pakistan?
Ans – September and October
28. The Assessment of Land revenue remain in force for ——- years.
Ans – 25
29. What is Karam?
Ans – Unit of Length
30. What is Sarsahi?
Ans – unit of Area
31. The un irrigated Land which depends on rainfall for cultivation is called
Ans – Barani
32. The un irrigated Lands which are affected by by flooding or moisture of rivers are called
Ans – Sailabi
33. The Land which is irrigated by canals is called
Ans – Nehri
34. The Land which is irrigated from water of the Wells is called
Ans – Chahi
35. The Land which is irrigated from water of the Tube Wells is called
Ans – Nul-Chahi
36. The land which is irrigated from two sources;1.from wells & 2. from canals is called
Ans – Chahi-Nehri
37. The land which is irrigated from tanks, jhils, streams, springs or kareezes is called
Ans – Abi
38. The land which is irrigated from hill torrents is called
Ans – Rod-Kohi or Bandeza
39. The Land which remains un-sown for 4 to 11 harvests is called
Ans – Banjar Kham
41. The statement of customs respecting rights or liabilities in the estate is called
Ans – Wajib-ul-Arz
42. A village note book is prepared for each
Ans – Estate
43. A village note book is also called
Ans – Lal Kitab
44. The period of Rabbi crops starts in Pakistan in the months of
Ans – October & November
45. Period of Rabbi crops ends in
Ans – April & May
46. Low lying land near rivers is called
Ans – Khadir
47. A portion of crop which has failed to come to maturity is called
Ans – Kharaba
48. A surcharge of 5 % on the revenue paid to village Headman is called
Ans – Pachotra
49. The deputy of Tehsildar is known as
Ans – Naib Tehsildar
50. What is Parta? The assessment rate for land revenue is called
Ans – Parta