PPSC Lecturer of Pakistan Studies Past Paper
1) Chachnama was originally written in:
(a) Persian (b) Arabic (c) Turkish (d) Sindhi
2) First Muslim Expedition was sent to India by:
(a) Hazrat Umar (b) Hazrat Usman (c) Hazrat Ali (d) Hijjaj Bin Yousaf
3) Muhammad Bin Qasim stayed at Makran before entering Sindh for:
(a) 3 Months (b) 2 Months (c) 1 Month (d) 2 Weeks
4) The first mosque in South Asia was built in:
(a) Sindh (b) Bhopal (c) Baluchistan (d) Bengal
5) The Ghazanvid rule over present day Pakistan areas lasted for:
(a) 300 years (b) 250 years (c) 200 years (d) 150 years
6) Ibni-Batuta travelled for:
(a) 35 years (b) 28 years (c) 20 years (d) 15 years
7) Sultan Qutub-ud-Din Aibak could rule India for:
(a) 35 years (b) 18 years (c) 15 years (d) 5 years
8) The Khilji Dynasty enjoyed Indian rule for:
(a) 90 years (b) 70 years (c) 50 years (d) 30 years
9) The Khayal system of music was founded by:
(a) Amir Khusraw (b) Hussain Shah Sharqi (c) Mian Tan Sain (d) Baiju Bawara
10) Queen Noor Jahan was born at:
(a) Dehli (b) Iran (c) Chaghi (d) Agra
11) In the year 1719 how many Mughal Kings sat on throne?
(a) 5 (b) 4 (c) 2 (d) 1
12) Ahmad Shah Abdali launched his early invasions against:
(a) Mughals (b) Marathas (c) Sikhs (d) Rajputs
13) When the third battle of Panipat was fought?
(a) 1526 (b) 1757 (c) 1761 (d) 1764
14) The British fought Plassy War against:
(a) Haider Ali (b) Tipu Sultan (c) Sirajiddaula (d) Marathas
15) Darsi-Nizami was named after:
(a) Nizamuddin Auliya (b) Nizamul Mulk
(c) Mulla Nizamuddin (d) Nizamul Mulk Junaidi
16) Maharaja Ranjit Singh ruled Punjab for:
(a) 60 years (b) 50 years (c) 40 years (d) 20 years
17) Karachi was occupied by the British in:
(a) 1820 (b) 1839 (c) 1842 (d) 1843
(18) Delhi fell to the British Army in:
(a) 1796 (b) 1803 (c) 1849 (d) 1857
19) When the First Anglo – Afghan War was fought:
(a) 1813 (b) 1820 (c) 1839 (d) 1843
(20) Before 1857 how many universities had been established by the British:
(a) 16 (b) 13 (c) 3 (d) Not a single
21) Name the saint, who first came in Lahore?
(a) Ali Makhdum Hujwari (b) Shaikh Ismail
(c) Data Ganjh Bakhsh (d) None of these
22) Ghiyas-ud-Din Balban declared himself the king of Delhi Sultanate in the year.
(a) 1166 (b) 1266
(c) 1366 (d) None of these
23) Who founded Daulatabad and shifted the capital of Delhi Sultanate?
(a) Ghiyas-ud-Din Tughluq (b) Muhammad Tughluq
(c) Feroze Shah Tughluq (d) None of these
24) Who set up the chain of justice to redress the grievances of oppressed people?
(a) Zaheer-ud-Din Babar (b) Shahab-ud-Din Shahjahan
(c) Aurangzeb Alimgir (d) None of these
25) Who was known in history as Mujaddid Alf Thani, the Reformer of the Second
(a) Shaikh Ahmed Sirhindi (b) Shah Waliullah
(c) Sir Syed Ahmed Khan (d) None of these
26) Who called the “spiritual guides” as shopkeepers?
(a) Shaikh Ahmed Sirhindi (b) Shah Waliullah
(c) Sir Syed Ahmed Khan (d) None of these
27) When Nadva-tul-Ulema came into being?
(a) 1873 (b) 1883
(c) 1893 (d) None of these
28) Who initiated the cult of Shivaji against the Muslims of India?
(a) Bal Ganga Dher Tilak (b) Bennerji
(c) Pandit Madan Mohan (d) None of these
29) Who led the Simla Deputation in 1906?
(a) Sir Agha Khan (b) Sir Syed Ahmed Khan
(c) Nawab Mohsin-ul-Mulk (d) None of these
30) When Nahru Committee was constituted to propose the future constitution of India?
(a) February 1927 (b) February 1928
(c) February 1929 (d) None of these
31) When the Congress Ministries resigned from their offices?
(a) November 1937 (b) November 1938
(c) November 1939 (d) None of these
32) Who first thought of the possibility of a Muslim Republic embracing the present Central
Asian states in North West of Sub-continent?
(a) Abdul Halim Sharar (b) Syed Jamal-ud-Din Afghani
(c) Ch. Rehmat Ali (d) None of these
33) When Simla Conference was concluded with failure?
(a) June 14, 1945 (b) July 14, 1945
(c) August 14, 1945 (d) None of these
34) Who negotiated with cabinet Mission (1946) on behalf of All India National Congress?
(a) Ghandi (b) Nehru
(c) Abul Kalam Azad (d) None of these
35) When Abu A’la Maududi was awarded death punishment by Military Court on “Qadiani
(a) March 1953 (b) April 1953
(c) May 1953 (d) None of these
36) Muhammad Ali Bogra, the then Prime Minister of Pakistan, presented his constitutional
formula to the constituent Assembly on:
(a) September 7, 1953 (b) October 7, 1953
(c) November 7, 1953 (d) None of these
37) When was the 17th Amendment bill ratified by the President, after getting passed by both
Houses of Majlis-e-Shura?
(a) December 29, 2003 (b) December 30, 2003
(c) December 31, 2003 (d) None of these
38) When was the local government system under the Devolution of Power Plan, 2001,
(a) August 4, 2001 (b) August 14, 2001
(c) August 24, 2001 (d) None of these
39) When was Gas (Natural) discovered at Sui Baluchistan?
(a) 1950 (b) 1952
(c) 1954 (d) None of these
40 The Suleman mountain, one of the western series, is as high as:
(a) 1100 ft (b) 2200 ft
(c) 3300 ft (d) None of these
41) All-India National Congress was established by:
(a) An official of the British Government (b) A British loyalist (c) British dissident
(d) A retired British official (e) None of these
42) Kabir Das of Bakhti Movement was:
(a) A Preacher (b) A Mystic (c) A Poet
(d) A Warrior (e) None of these
43) Kashful Mahjubwas written by:
(a) Mujaddid Alf Thani (b) Syed Ali Hajveri (c) Syed Muinuddin Ajmeri
(d) Sheikh Bahauddin Zakariya (e) None of these
44) The Millenial Movement was launched against:
(a) The Mughals (b) The British (c) The Marhattas
(d) The Muslims (e) None of these
45) The East India Company owes its success in India to:
(a) Lord Dalhousie (b) Lord Conrnwallis (c) Lord Curzon
(d) Warren Hastings (e) None of these
46i) Third battle of Panipat was fought between:
(a) British and Mughals (b) British and Sikhs (c) British and Afghans
(d) Afghans and Marhattas (e) None of these
47) Syed Ahmad Shaheed launched his Jihad Movement against:
(a) The Christians (b) The Sikhs (c) The Hindus
(d) The Hypocrites (e) None of these
48) The Faraidi Movement was launched in:
(a) Bengal (b) Hyderabad (c) Kashmir
(d) Maharashatra (e) None of these
49) Hazrat Mahal who fought during the War of Independence 1857 against the British was:
(a) Queen of Jhansi (b) Ruler of Jodhpur (c) Begum of Nizam of Hyderabad
(d) Begum of Awadh (e) None of these
50) Darul Uloom Deoband was founded in:
(a) 1865 (b) 1855 (c) 1875 (d) 1857 (e) None of these
Important MCQs Questions for PPSC Lecturer of Pakistan Studies
- The title of the published collection of Liaquat’s speeches meant to introduce Pakistan to the West? Pakistan, Heart of Asia
- Conspiracy to overthrow Liaquat Government come to light Rawal Pindi: March 1951
- Liaquat Ali khan was assassinated in Rawalpindi on 16th October, 1951. Was buried in Karachi near Quaid.
- Liaquat ali Khan born in Kernal (East Punjab) on 1st Oct: 1895.
- Who replaced Liaquat Ali Khan as Prime Minister? Khawajah Nazimuddin
- Who replaced Nazimuddin as Governor General? Ghulam Muhammad
- Jamilla was the first Muslim girl who hoisted Muslim League flag onteh Punjab Secreterat, Lahore (1946)
- Rawalpindi became the temporary capital of Pak: in 1960.
- First commissioner of Sindh Charles Napier.
- Sindh assembly proclaimed Sindhi as official language of Sindh in 1972.
- Baluchistan got status of province on 1st July, 1970.
- Pak: bought Gawader (1958) & Jiwani from Oman.
- Pak: came into being on 27 Ramzan, 1366 A.H Thursday.
- Pak: standard time was adopted on Oct:1, 1951.
- Population Census-1951, 61,72,81,98.
- The only vice-president of Pak: Noorul Amin.
- Father’s name of Quaid= Jinnah Poonja
- Father’s name of Iqbal=Shaikh Noor Mohd:
- 27 Oct: 1947 was observed “Black Day” as Indian forces landed in Azad Kashmir.
- Sheikh Abdullah was called founder of National Conference.
- Indian Forces occupied Kashmir the state of Jammu and Kashmir on October 27, 1947.
- Distance of Kashmir from Pakistan is 250 miles.
- Hari Singh was the maharaja of Kashmir in 1947.
- % of Muslim population in Kashmir in 1947 was 78%.
- UN commission members for India & Pak: were 3 (later 5) visited in July,1948.
- Sir Owen Dixon was UN Representative for demilitarization of Kashmir.
- National anthem of Pakistan was played for the first time on August 13, 1954.
- Urdu made National Language in April 1954 it has 37 letters.
- Birth place of Quaid Wazir Mension.
- House of Quaid Mohata Palace.
- Allama Iqbal’s tomb was built in 1951.
- Liaquat Nehru Pact= April 1951.
- 17th Oct: 1951 Liaquat shot dead in Rawalpindi by Syed Akbar.
- Liaquat visited USA in 1951.
- Pakistan issued it first coin on 3rd Jan: 1948.
- Quaid inaugurated State Bank on 1st July’1948.
- National Bank of Pakistan formed in 1948.
- First postal stamp issued in 1948.
- Karachi radio station inaugurated by Liaquat on 14th August’1948.
- Pakistan recognized China in 1949.
- In 1949 July, Pak: got Siachen under Karachi agreement.
- Siachen is located in Baltistan.
- Siachen is world’s 2nd highest glacier.
- 22 points of Ulema put on 24th Jan: 1951 by 31 Ulema.
- BBC started its first Urdu service on 13th April, 1949.
- In 1950, Iftikhar Hussain Mamdot founded Jinnah Muslim League party.
- PIA founded: 1954 started international service: 1955 to Jordan via Cairo.
- Pakistan got status of Test cricket in 1952.
- Sui gas founded in 1952.
- First five year plan launched in1955.
- National Anthem first broadcasted on radio: 13 August, 1954.
- Pakistan signed CENTO (Baghdad Pact) on 23Sep: 1955.
- West Pakistan declared “one unit” in 1955 by Mohd: Ali Bogra.
- “One unit” repealed on 1st Jan: 1971.
- First acting Governor General of Pak: was Major General Sikandar Mirza 17th August 1955 to 16th Oct: 1955.
- President Iskandar Mirza visited Afghanistan in 1956.
- One unit bill passed during the period of Chaudhry Mohd: Ali 14th oct: 1955 and cancelled on 25th March 1969 by Yahya .
- During one unit first GG of west Pak: was Nawab Mushtaque Ahmed Gormani and first CM was Dr. Khan Sahib In 1956.
- Pakistan became Islamic Republic on 23rd March, 1956.
- 1956 constitution was presented in assembly in Feb 29, 1956.
- Martial law was imposed in Lahore in 1953.
- Ch: Rehmat Ali is buried in Cambridge (London)
- Pakistan joined SEATO in Sep: 1954.
- In Sept: 1958 Gawadar was bought by Khan of Kalat at 40 lacs pounds from Oman
- 1st Martial Law= 7 Oct: 1958
- 2nd Martial Law=26 March 1969
- 3rd Martial Law=7 July 1977
- Ayub became first elected president on 17 Feb: 1960.
- Ayub transferred capital from Karachi to Islamabad on 1st August 1960.
- Indus Basin Treaty signed under World Bank in Sep: 1960.
- Pakistan made boundary agreement with Iran on 21st May 1960.
- U2 incident happened in 1960.
- Ayub khan appointed Ameer Muhammad Khan as Governor of West Pakistan.
- Ayub visited US & Queen Elizbeth visited Pakistan in 1961.
- Ayub Khan visited USSR on 3rd April, 1965, US in 1961.
- Television started on 26 Nov: 1964.
- Zafarullah Khan served as president of UN General Assembly’s 7th session in 1962.
- Boundary agreement with China was signed in 1963.
- Agreement with Canada on first nuclear power station in Karachi was signed in 1965.
- Z.A Bhutto served as F.M in Ayub Govt:
- Convention League was formed by Ayub.
- 1965 war started from 6 to 22 Sept: 1965.
- Defense day is celebrated in Pakistan since 1966.
- Major Aziz Bhatti was martyred in 1965 war.
- Tashkent Pact was signed by Ayub Khan & Shastri on 3 Jan:, 1966 (USSR, Kosijin)
- Fatima Jinnah died in 1967. She was born on 1st August, 1893.
- Kashmir valley is b/w Big Hamalia and Little Hamlia.
- Length of Indus from Hamalia to Arabian Sea is 1980 miles.
- Ancient name of India was Arya Warat.
- LFO was promulgated on 30th March, 1970 by Yahya Khan.
- The post of C-in-C was converted into the post of Chief of Staff in 1970.
- 2nd war between India & Pakistan: 3 to 17 Dec: 1971.
- Last commander of Pak: in East Pak: Abdullah Khan Naizi.
- PNSC established on 1st March 1979.
- PTV started its color transmission on December 20th, 1976.
- Pakistan signed PTBT in 1978.
- Post of Commander-in-Chief changed to Chief of Staff in 1970.
- Post of Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff was created in 1976.
- East Pakistan became Bangladesh on 16 Dec: 1971.
- Simla Agreement signed b/w Bhutto and Indra Gandhi on 2nd July’1972.
- Nationalization of educational institutions & industries in 1972.
- Nationalization of banks made in 1974.
- Denationalization of banks make on Jan:9, 1991 (First MCB).
- Pak: Broadcasting Corporation established on Dec: 20, 1972.
- The constitution of 1973 was enforced on 1 March 1973.
- PM under the 1973 constitution is the head of the cabinet.
- The first general elections under the 1973 constitution were held in 1977.
- First biogas plant established in 1974.
- Ahmadis declared non-Muslims in 1974.
- Colour transmission started on 20th Dec: 1976.
- First electric train started in 1970.
- Steel Mill founded in 1973 (USSR aided) in Bin Qasim.
- Pakistan recognized Bangladesh in 1974.
- Pakistan joined OIC in 1974, NAM in 1979, PTBT in 1978, SAARC in 1985.
- Hudood ordinance enforced on 10 Feb: 1979.
- Dr. Abdul Salam awarded Nobel Prize in Physics in 1979.
- Faiz Ahmed Faiz got Lenin Prize.
- Zia successed ex-President Fazal Ellahi Choudhri.
- In dec: 1981, Ziaul Haq announced Majlis-e-Shoora with 350 members.
- Zakat & Ushr ordinance promulgated in 1980.
- Wafaqui Mohtasib was created in 1983.
- 8th amendment introduced in 1985.
- Gen.Zia lifted Martial Law on 30th December, 1985.
- Nuclear cooperation pact with China was made on 15th Sep: 1986.
- Ojri camp tragedy occurred on 10 april 1988.
- The Junejo government was dismissed on 29th May, 1988.
- Zia died on 17 August, 1988.
- US ambassador who died with Zia was Arnold Raphael.
- Ghulam Ishaque Khan became president of Pakistan in 1988.
- Pakistan’s re-entry in common wealth in 1989.
- First test tube baby at Lahore in 1989.
- PTV2: 1992, PTV Morning: Jan 6, 1988, PTV:Sep: 2000.
- Kargil Crisis in 1999.
- Musharaf elected president (10th) on 20 June, 2001.
- Durand Line agreement b/w Sir Martimur Durand the FS of Britain and Amir
- Abur Rehman, the Afghan ruler November 12, 1893 at Kabul (2050 km, 1300 miles)
- HBFC was set up in Nov: 1952.
- First satellite Badr-I launched on 16 July, 1990.
- On 28 May, 1998 five blasts made at Chagi, the day is known as Yum-e-Takbir.
- On 17 May, 1998 India blasted in Pokhran (Rajistan).
- Pak: entered nuclear club on 28 May, 1998.
- First bank of Pak: = Habib Bank.
- Defece day=6th Sep:
- Defence day of Pakistan is celebrated on Sep: 6 since 1966
- Airforce day= 7th Sep:
- Navy Day=8th Sep:
- Kashmir Day=5th Feb:
- Friday was declared holiday in Jan: 1977.
- EBODO promulgated in 1959.
- PRODA came in 1949-1954.
- Wheat crisis occurred in 1952.
- Number of basic democratc was 80,000.
- Ghuauri is Surface to Surface missile.
- Anza is Surface to Air missile.
- Age of senator is 30.
- Age of PM is 35.
- Number of tribal areas is 11.
- Pakistan Withdrew from SEATO in 1973.
- Pakistan left CENTO in March 1979.
- Nasir Shabir was first Pakistani to conquer Mount Everest.
- Capital of was shifted from Karachi to Islamabad on 1 August 1960.
- Indus Basin Treaty was concluded on 19th Sep 1960.
- KANNUP was established in 1971.
- Tashkent Declaration was signed on 10 Jan 1966.
- Saudi King Shah Faisal visited Pakistan in the year of 1966 and 1974.
- Pakistan was suspended from commonwealth on 18 Oct 1999.
- Mr. Ghulam Muhammad was finance minister before becoming governor general of Pakistan.
- Badr I launched on 16th July 1990.
- First Agriculture University was established in Faisalabasd.
- Pakistan joined SEATO in 1954 but later withdrew from it in the year 1973.
- Moraji Desai, former PM of India was the only Indian leader awarded the highest award of Pakistan for a civilian.