IMPORTANT GEOGRAPHICAL DISCOVERIES OF WORLD
1. Eric the Red discovered Greenland.
2. Marco Polo (Italian) reached China through India.
3. Vescoda gama (Portuguese) discovered sear route from Europe to India.
4. Pedro Alvarez Cabral (Portuguese) discovered Brazil.
5. George Lord Anson (English) sailed around the earth.
6. Charles A.Lindberg (American) made first non-stop solo flight across the Atlantic.
7. Various (Portugese) discovered Sri Lanka.
8. C.F. Blair (US) made the first solo flight over the Arctic. Sir Vivian Fuchs and Edmund Hillary (US) first crossing of the Antarctic continent.
9. G.H. Wilkins (Australian) flew over the South Pole.
10. CIS are landlocked countries of Asia.