- Palk Strait separates India from Sri Lanaka.
- Babul Mandab strait separates Arabia from Africa.
- Babel-Mandab strait leads into the Red Sea.
- Red sea is b/w Arabia and Africa.
- Davis Strait separates Greenland from Baffin Island.
- The Davis Strait lies between Canada and Greenland
- Messina strait separates Italy from Sicily.
- Johor strait separates Malaysia from Singapore.
- Bass Strait separates Australia from Tasmania.
- Florida Strait separates Cuba from Florida. It joins Atlantic Ocean with Gulf of Mexico.
- Dover strait separates England from France.
- Gibraltar Strait separates Spain and Africa and joins Mediterranean Sea with Atlantic Ocean.
- Torres Strait separates Australia and Papua New Guinea
- Bering Strait separates Asia from Africa and joins the Red Sea and Persian Gulf.
- Bosporus Strait connects Black Sea with the Sea of Marmora.
- Dardanelles strait (Turkey) joins Marmora sea with Aegean Sea.
- Malacca (Indonesia) strait separates Sumatra from Malay Peninsula. It is longest strait in the world.
- Mozambique strait is the broadest strait in the world. It is b/w Mozambique and Madagascar.
- Sunda strait separates Sumatra from Java Island.
- 40% of world oil passes through… Strait of Hormuz
- The gateway to the Gulf of Iran is Strait of Hormuz